Photography and Thoughts by Ulanawa Foote

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

TEARDROPS LIKE RAINDROPS


I love all kinds of weather for different reasons. The way the light glistens through the raindrops fascinates me. They remind me of so many things and it is not unusual to see me laying on the wet ground to view the silent world of raindrops during or just after a rain. It is a world of glistening beauty. And it is actually rainy days when those within earshot can actually hear this timid turtle singing, the rhythm of the rain as my drum. I love to watch the rain, but I think it is the time just after a good rain that I love the best, especially if rains have been absent for awhile. I love seeing all the critters emerging to happily drink and play in the puddles. The plants are refreshed and so vibrant. The air is fragrant and I love the musky scent of the earth. It really fills my senses completely. There is a cleansing that takes place, upon the sacred earth and within my own spirit. The raindrops remind me of soft kisses and gentle tears ... each with a purpose and designed to nurture us in beautiful ways.

TEARS OF COMPASSION
Our tears of compassion touching and uniting with the tears of another.


TEARS OF BROKENNESS
We all have felt crushed, broken and bruised at some point and time. What struck  me about this picture is the soft, whole leaf underneath the tear ready to fall. Though we feel broken at times, through our own tears of pain we often fail to see Creator at work, fully present in our brokenness ... a true friend and comforter to the broken hearted.


TEARS OF THE STORM-TOSSED
Seeking refuge when we find ourselves caught in the storms of life.


CLEANSING TEARS
This was so beautiful to see and reminded me of tears of sweet release.


MOURNFUL MEMORIES
This reminds me of the fresh tears shed upon remembering a sorrowful event of the past, represented by the blurring of the drops beneath it.


TEARS IN A BOTTLE
This just makes me think of Creator collecting our tears. No tear is ever wasted or overlooked. Each is lovingly collected and held by our Creator and used to bring forth something beautiful in its own time. 


TEARS OF JOY
The hug, the embrace ... the touch of happiness. These tears are like kisses that touch us gently in the depth of our very being.


FEAR OF THE UNKNOWN
Looks dark and foreboding on the inside, having to pass through what only "appears" to be a mouth of sharp teeth to get there. But much of our fear is illusion ... the uncertainty of what awaits us on the other side.


TEARS OF TENDERNESS
These droplets balanced themselves in a fragile way and remained there, reminding me of love. No matter how strong our love appears to be, it is still a very fragile thing and needs to be cared for and nurtured in a gentle way


TEARS OF THANKFULNESS
Each drop reminded me of the many blessings our Creator lovingly gives us each day. If we truly counted them, we would find we have more than we can even hold, as these very blessings often overflow to those around us.


TEARS OF LAUGHTER
The healing laughter of the playful heart
and in my case, the over-imaginative mind!! LOL!!!!



 



3 comments:

Sakoieta said...

I looked at all you different postings today and am just amazed at your professionalism in photography and how excellent you are at it. The explanations that come from your heart reveal a very beautiful lady who is deeply in touch with her spirit.Thank you.

Laurie Rimon said...

I found your blog today through my brother Jonathan Schechter. Your words and photgraphs are amazing. I also love spending many a day out in nature (far away in Israel), but being born in the country in Connecticut, I have a real soft spot for woods, water and creatures. I know where I will be spending many of my free hours soon, catching up on all your older posts!

Ulanawa said...

Thank you both for the encouraging comments. I really appreciate you taking the time to do that. I am new to blogging and hope to do more with it soon. :) Your kind words, make my day!