Photography and Thoughts by Ulanawa Foote

Friday, September 28, 2012

SACRED BALANCE

To see a grasshopper is to see a reflection of myself.
It invites me to stop and take a closer look.
It teaches me the importance of searching my heart
and gaining a better understanding of what is required
of me and the courage to leap forward in the way I must go.
As I watch them peacefully feeding,
I know there is a plentiful food supply for them.
Watching them reminds me of sacred balance …
in taking only that which we need,
so that the abundance of all things
is available to everyone in a good way.
 
It invites me to look even closer,
beyond material abundance,
to see that I am giving of my heart and time
in a sacred and good way as well.
 
It reminds me to hold close to my heart and honor that which
is important to me and to try and see the beauty in all things.
And it cautions me...
 
It speaks to me of the devastation that can happen
when we allow ourselves to become unbalanced and
depleted. There can arise a swarming of the heart,
where in frenzied desperation we find ourselves
feeding on negative thoughts and feelings.
 
Grasshopper says let go of the negative energy and move on.
It encourages us to move through life in beauty and balance,
in a good and sacred way. This is what my heart tells me.
I see a grasshopper, and I smile.





























2 comments:

Jonathan Schechter said...

Excellent photgraphy with that mirrored image!

Carol C. said...

Love this post!