Photography and Thoughts by Ulanawa Foote

Thursday, February 7, 2013

SILENT FEATHERS

It was just a year ago when Ugugu silently flew into my life. I remember it well, as it chose a place to sit and watch where we were actually at eye level with each other, only a few feet apart. It knew I was there, and it made very sure I was aware of its presence. It chose an unsheltered place to rest … out in the open, midway between earth and sky. And I knew it came to take the dead things in my life away. That is what the owl does.
It silently began a work that day within my heart and within my life’s circumstances. And I silently accepted its medicine. I never would have guessed then, the magnitude of change that has come forth when Ugugu began his silent and powerful work in my life. He began removing dead things … a little bit at a time. Dead works … gone. Dead situations … preened and ready to be rebuilt upon. Dead relationships … gone. Dead dreams … resurrected. With every dead thing I agreed to let go of, in its place new joy, happiness, love, and creativity flew in. Sweetness abounded where the decay of life’s bitter circumstances had been just months before. It has been a beautiful year of changes.
On silent feathers, Ugugu has returned to me again. I had been looking for him in the place he visited me last year, as I knew his nest was nearby. But to my sweet surprise, Ugugu moved his nest to my lotus pond. His choice to change his location makes my heart smile. His choice to move it to a place that is so very precious to me personally, makes my heart smile even more. It silently communicates wonderful things to me. I have never been happier. On silent feathers I fly … into another year of beautiful changes. Who knew a turtle could fly? … so high, so far, so free…
 
 

No comments: