Photography and Thoughts by Ulanawa Foote

Thursday, June 6, 2013

I WONDER ...

I enjoy watching the grackles ... their humorous antics and their beautiful iridescent colors sparkling in the sun. But this one was different. This one was eerily focused. It cared not who was or was not in its path. It had a determined purpose and a mission to fulfill. With the passing of a dear one, the grackle takes flight. I do not know whether to fear it or embrace it, so I stand back, carefully watching it pass, admiring and respecting it, as it earnestly flies by. Its wings bring a balanced rhythm of life and death. They beat together as a song in flight. I look on and I wonder ...
 
I wonder about the things and memories present before it  appeared, like a silent scream passing through my vision, as its golden eye fixed unwaveringly ahead. I wonder about how things will be since it cast its shadow on the land and before my eyes. In its wings rested mystery; In its wake, a veil of uncertainty. It has brought together life and death, good and bad, hope and concern. And it leaves me behind, to take it all in and sort it all out.
 
Journey on, mysterious flyer ... safely and surely to your place of determined premise. I look on and I wonder ...